Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving.What a wonderful day - time to reflect on the blessings you have received in your life. I have 2 wonderful nephews who are in the same preschool class, and yesterday their class held a Thanksgiving feast. Some of the students dressed up as Pilgrims, and others as Indians. (As you can see, one of their hats was a little too big!) It was a neat experience to be there with them, and to think about what the first Thanksgiving might have been like. I imagine there weren't any bananas as we had at preschool...

I can't imagine what it would have been like to live the way the Pilgrims did. I have been to Plymouth Plantation in Massachusetts - and seen the replicas of homes the early settlers lived in. I have seen the way they grew their food, the hard work to prepare everything over the fire... and I am so grateful to not have lived during that time in history.

I am so grateful to have a beautiful home to live in, plenty of food to eat (which I didn't have to grow/store) and plenty to share with others as well. I know that I have lived an extremely blessed life. There are so many things I have taken for granted - home, food, clothing, warmth, friends, freedoms ~ the list is long. My goal for the next year is to find one new thing to be grateful for each day. I know I will be able to see more things that I have taken for granted ~ it will change my life... and for that I am grateful!!






1 comment:

Summer said...

Beautifully written! I agree completely.