Thursday, November 6, 2008

A lonely place to be

Sometimes when you make the right choice, it is a very lonely place to be. As you can imagine, there have been hurt feelings and horrible accusations against me, and my decision to protect a child this week. It has felt to me, that even part of my family feel I made a wrong choice, and they are standing in defense of the person I called the report to DCFS on.

All I know is this: Even the Savior knelt alone in Gethsemane. Even His closest friends did not stand at His side while he made the greatest sacrifice ever made. I know I am not the Savior, nor do I pretend to be perfect - I just feel that I am in good company as I stand, feeling judged, alone, and hated.

At one point during His ministry on earth, the Savior entered the temple. There He found money changers who were defiling it's sacredness. He would no longer stand for allowing those people to defile His father's house, and He threw them out. We are taught in the church that the second most sacred place to us should be our home, and we should not allow any television program, person or thought to take away from the sacredness we should have there. So why do we? Why do we not expect friends and family to treat us with honesty and respect? We are all children of a Heavenly Father who loves us - and we should reflect that light... not the hate that is so prevalent on earth today.

I choose to walk the path of the Savior and show His love to all around me. I pray my friends and family will choose to do the same. If not, I understand, we have agency. I choose to use mine in a positive, not a destructive, manner.

1 comment:

Cambrey said...

You are the evil person that I do not allow in my home. Who are you to judge others when your home has been a hell hole for the majority of your life? DCFS is laughing at you right now Britt and your insanity. They had to come out to check but as soon as they walked in and saw a happy well-adjusted child they wrapped things up quickly. They even can tell you did this out of spite and jealousy. You are nothing but a looser that has spent your life relishing in making others miserable.