Thursday, November 6, 2008

A finish line to cross

This weekend is one of the most nerve-wracking weekends in my life! I am gearing up to run the Snow Canyon Half Marathon this Saturday! 13 miles is a long way to run, (walk?) and I am very nervous - but I am very excited to have this challenge ahead of me... I will probably be more excited to have it behind me by Saturday night.

My best friend Tammy (more like a sister) and I are going to be running it together. We have been looking forward to this and training for this for a long time now.

Why run a half marathon, you ask? That's a simple answer. People who run complete marathons (26.2 miles) are completely crazy - but those of us who choose to run half marathons.... well... we are only half way crazy. =) Just kidding.
I decided , in my weight loss journey, that I wanted to accomplish something others I knew had not. (As if loosing 100 pounds is something done by anyone else I know.) When I saw there was going to be a half marathon through Snow Canyon, my favorite place on earth, I figured that would be a good goal to make - run the half! Snow Canyon!
When people hear that I have lost 100 pounds, the first thing they ask me is how I did it. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's a secret. (Well, it's Emily's Secret...) I did it all through hard work, proper diet and exercise. I have a nutritional/exercise consultant (Emily) who is a close friend. She has given me all the tools - just like Jillian and Bob on the Biggest Loser. Never seen the show? Watch it! I love Emily and am so grateful for her confidence and support. I decided, a long time ago, I got myself to the weight that I was... and I could un-do it. No surgery, no pills, andno pre-packaged meals. I had to learn on my own what it meant to live healthy. I am grateful for the challenges I have overcome.
I really look forward to writing when I get back from the race!

No comments: