Thursday, December 18, 2008

Truth?

I cannot fathom living in a world where it is acceptable to lie.


Someone who I implicitly trusted outright lied to me today. Part of the dilemma for me is that this lie actually puts her in jepardy.Finding out the truth to the situation nearly a half hour later, it physically hurt my heart. I understand she is young, but I still could not believe that such a close friend would betray my trust. I know this situation has nothing to do with me as a person... but it does have to do with my trust. In some ways, I wonder if I am too trusting. Should I have trusted this friend as much as I have? Should I trust all my other good friends as much as I do? How do I know?

What would you do? Of course, this situation will be resolved. I know that. I will sit down with this friend... who I love with all my heart... and talk to her. But how do I know they can be trusted again? OR... do I just completely open myself up for future possible disappointments? Any suggestions?

"You want to make your own decisions, but you ought to make those decisions with an eternal perspective. With age, experience, and faith, you will have the wisdom to make good decisions and also to make the right ones. I believe you young people know where to get the right answers." - James E. Faust

"Presumption of trust is not trust. It's blind hope. Trust is based on knowledge not presumption. Without knowledge you cannot have trust you can only have risk. You have no knowledge to base your trust when you presume. That is not trust, it is a gamble. Are you looking for a reason to trust, or not to trust?" -Unknown

My heart is torn, as you can tell!

No comments: