Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A New Entry...

Many of you will notice that a blog entry has been deleted... not because of what I wrote was untrue, but because my dad asked me to re-consider how others might feel about what I had written.

I have decided I am tired of all the hateful comments that are being made about me- on my own blog. Please, if you don't like what I put on my blog... don't read it. Or if you do, have the courtesey not to say hateful things. I don't do things out of hate or to cause hard feelings. That is not the kind of person I am. I write things that are true... and I write how it is for me.

I have especially felt under attack from Cambrey lately... and yes, I am going to write about it here on my blog. Yes, I called DCFS, and I know you have known that. I did it out of concern for Hayden, and as a law abiding citizen. I have taken the courses required to be a foster mother, and I am fully aware of what constitutes endangering a child. At the time I called, I felt your son was not safe. I am not the only one. Since then, you have threatened me with "legal injunctions" trying to force me to remove pictures of him from my blog. Not once have you asked politely. Not once have you ever had the decency to talk to me about it - you have threatened me through text messenging. And no, I will not. Just because you feel hate toward me... does not mean that I do not love him. I feel sorry for you that you feel the world needs to revolve around your demands. In the past I have given in. On this point, I will not.

I was told "you are not allowed to be at the birth of my son". That broke my heart... and Zane and I went on vacation that week specifically to obey your wishes. I will never again miss a part of your son's life because of your selfishness. I will be there, and I will have my camera as always. Pictures of him will continue to be part of my blog.

I don't understand all the chaos you feel necessary to have in your life, but I do not appreciate how you drag other people in to it. I am no longer a stranger sitting on the sideline wishing I was a member of the family. I am the oldest sibling. I have known for years that my opinion really didn't matter... so I chose not to voice it. Now I choose to say what I am thinking, and it sometimes ends up in a fight because my opinion doesn't always conform with what others "think is right". A quote I read once said "When you believe something you assume you are right, and you may even destroy relationships to defend your position." Plenty of relationships in this family have been destroyed. Some have never been allowed to form. I have a responsibility to be an example. I will live in the way I feel is best. Accept it or not.

4 comments:

Cambrey said...

I did not threaten you. I asked you kindly several times to remove his pictures and it has come down to me having to take legal action. You wrote many things about me that were untrue and you know it. I did not tell you that you weren't to be there at the birth of Hayden to be selfish. I did it because the only two people that were to be there were Summer and Mom. At that time I was considering placing him for adoption and you know that. So get over it. I have filed with the court. You will be hearing from my attoney because you know what you are doing is illegal and you continue to do it you will have to pay the price. I told you that if you would make your blog private that you could keep them on here. YOU REFUSE YOU ARE SELFISH. I am choosing to protect my son. YOU WILL NOT be there at his activities. I have that right as his mother. You will not be invited and after this goes to court your own husband will have to arrest you. You can do this the easy way or the hard way. I have been kind, but now I will protect my son from you.

Dave said...

Wow!!! I'm available for free counseling for either party here. It may not be good counseling, but it's free.

Britterny said...

Hey Dave! I just might take you up on that counseling thing... since you are my home teacher and all. =) Let's just say life is really interesting right now. When can we set up that appointment?!

Dave said...

I will be over early in the month. Happy New Year! Time again to start fresh. I got your message the other day. I hope Tammy and the girls are okay. See you soon.