Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Family Christmas party!

There is nothing better than getting together with family and friends at Christmas. Tonight, we had the family party on my dad's side... a huge tradition. After we eat together, we all gather around the piano and sing Christmas carols.



My grandpa taught me to play the piano. It is always a special thing to me to be able to play while everyone else sings. Usually, Uncle Roger directs the music, and tonight was no exception. We have a very musically gifted family, and it is always fun to me to hear everyone singing - always in 4 part harmony. I think if I stopped playing we could even do it acapella! I just want to put 1 or 2 pictures up... as a reminder (maybe to myself) that we may not be able to pick and choose our family, but our lives can be greatly enriched as we learn the things the Lord would have us learn from them. We can also make family members in to our friends (Whitney, Maria, Tori, Laikin, Andrea, Elaine, Karen, Jen, Josh, Blair... should I just name everyone?!) that can also help us learn many great lessons throughout our lives. I am so grateful for my family, and the marvelous relationship we have. I wish everyone in the world were so blessed!
P.S. If you are ever at the family party, watch for the dish that Jana brings. It always wins "first place" on the taste prize (Not that we really have one, but everyone loves it!)
Also. NO ONE can make cheesy potatoes like my mom!

No comments: