Friday, October 31, 2008

There are no coincidences in life

Yesterday I went to costco. Zane was is in the car with pneumonia waiting for me, so I was in somewhat of a hurry. That, plus I was having the Elders over for pizza and carving pumkins, and I was trying to get home to set up for that.

As I was on my out of the store, I saw a familiar face. A friend of mine from college was there. It was so good to see him and talk to him!

Have you ever had a friend on your life that you knew, no matter what, they would always be your friend? Someone who loves you for who you are (even though you might not?) and treats you as if you are a gift in their life? That's the kind of friend he is. My heart felt happy to see him - and spend a few minutes talking.

I believe there are no coincidences in life. People are gifts given to us by our Heavenly Father. He isn't able to be here in person, so he gives us friends who are able to help us see things from a different perspective than our own. Without a doubt, I know this friend was sent in to my life to help me learn to love myself years ago, and a reminder to me now. I had been wondering where he had gone in life just a few short days ago... and there he was all of a sudden! It was Heavenly Father's way of reminding me just how much he truly loves me.

I am grateful to have good friends!!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Brittany, thank you for being willing to be such a gift from our Father-in-Heaven to our family. You and others help teach my children lessons and things that they aren't willing to learn from their parents.