Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Diamond or Zirconia?




"Good diamonds are expensive, and rare. They are also very beautiful. How many of you know what a zirconia is? It's also a very beautiful stone - that looks like a diamond - but is inexpensive and found in many things - costume jewelry, etc. When you compare a diamond to a zirconia, can you tell the difference just by looking at it? No. It's the material the stone is made out of that makes it what it is - all the hidden elements you can't see. A jeweler can tell because he has spent hours learning his trade." -Vivian Klein.


This is something that I have reflected on recently. How do you know if what you have is truly of value - or if it is a counterfeit? Friendships, jobs, etc. can all become so complicated. In my life experience, if it is something that leads me to think more about my Heavenly Father and His love for me, then it is a beautiful, true thing. If it leads me away from Him, and from where I know He wants me to be in my life, then it is not something I want to have in my life.

The difficult thing, sometimes, is that we sometimes become "emotionally attached" to things that may lead us away from our Father. Only He can help us truly decide whether or not we should pursue something, or leave it alongside the trail and continue onward. We are never alone in our decisions - Father is always there to guide us!

1 comment:

Summer said...

...and this is why you are the 'big-sister' of the family. To help share these thoughts to keep the rest of us thinking.