Saturday, August 1, 2009

Miracles

"Life is a series of thousands of tiny miracles." -Mike Greenberg. I have thought about miracles a lot recently, and have begun to wonder is there truly such a thing as a tiny miracle?

In our life right now, Zane and I are living in the midst of miracles. Every day we feel and know of the marvelous things happening in our lives, for which we are truly, truly grateful.

The past 8 weeks have changed our lives forever. The Sunday before Father's Day, we made an amazing new friend. This beautiful young lady has been through many different experiences in her life that have taught her so many lessons. It has been a joy and a privelege getting to know her and her family.

Something that has really touched me, since the first day we met, is that she is expecting a baby, and had decided she wanted him to live in a home with a mother and a father...to give him the best possible opportunities in this life time. She is a single mother of 3 incredible children, and she strongly believed she was not able to give this new little boy the life she wanted for him. She made the decision to place him for adoption.

For 12 years now, Zane and I have wanted to be parents. We have prayed and prayed... and there were some days, honestly, I wondered if there was anyone listening to our prayers. Our hearts have been broken through my body's inability to carry a pregnancy- and there have been times I have been completely discouraged.

The miracle in our life right now is that our beautiful new friend wants to place her baby in our home for us to adopt him. Zane and I are blessed to become parents!!! September 17th, she will be induced, and we will bring him home just as soon after that as we can. 6 short weeks from now, our baby will be born!

Words cannot possibly express the way I am feeling tonight, as I sit here and try to share this incredible miracle! I went to her check-up appointment this week, and saw my baby's ultrasound- and heard his little heart beat. It completely took my breath away! I could not stop the tears from flowing as we saw his hands, feet, face, watched the heart beating... I knew it was real- this is a miracle.

How do you possibly thank someone who is giving you the most precious gift anyone could give you? How do you express gratitude for something so miraculous? I am so grateful for her ability to love and trust us to raise this beautiful little boy. I am so gratful to my Heavenly Father for having one of our friends be a the right place at the right time to get to know this amazing birth mother. I am overwhelmingly grateful for the answers to our prayers. I am grateful to my parents for their love and support as we face the newly discovered challenges in our lives. I am grateful to other family and friends for their love, support and understanding.

Miracles happen every day. I am grateful for every one of the miracles in my life!!

2 comments:

Stop and smell the Daisies said...

I am so happy for you, Brittany! Life really is full of miracles! I think the best way for you to repay her is to give that baby the BEST life any two parents ever could! That is what she wants for this baby...something she can't give him right now. The Lord truely does hear and answer our prayers...we just have to be patient enough to wait for HIS time. After 3 years of trying, I am finally expecting! Duen in February! We will have to get our little ones together!

Blondie said...

Britany that is wonderful! Congratulations :)