Monday, July 20, 2009

Every New Day

Every day there is excitement. There are times when it's hard to believe something is really happening in my life right now- it seems too extraordinary to believe. I am not casting doubt, in any way, shape or form- it just is so surreal to me I don't quite know how to comprehend it all. Sometimes when we receive blessings, it's not in the way we expect, look for, or even dream of. Such is the situation I am living right now. I don't want to divulge a whole lot of details at this moment, so anyone reading this will just have to be patient and understand there will be more details in the near-ish future.

I am so greateful to know that I have a Heavenly Father who hears and answers my prayers. There have been many nights where I have wondered if anyone was really listening- and all was in vain. What I have come to understand is that the answers to our prayers aren't always "yes" ...or exactly the answers when and where we are seeking them. He does hear, yet allows us the freedom to make choices that will affect our own lives. He doesn't put a stumbling block in front of us- He simply allows us to create the challenges for ourselves that will stretch our faith and allow us to grow.


What challenges have I created for myself? I have the opportunity to make a new choice about that challenge and create a new outcome. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to live, love, and learn!


1 comment:

Summer said...

What a beautiful perspective Britt. You are right. He doesn't put the stumbling blocks in our way. We create them and then want to blame others so we can become a victim to our own circumstance.

I figured this one out on (of all days)my birthday.

I'm thrilled to hear that you are getting answers to your prayers...even if it was in His own due time.