Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Week full of blessings

It never ceases to amaze me the goodness in people's hearts. My friends and neighbors, after hearing about this young mother in a car accident last week, have really opened their hearts in order to help her. I am so grateful! When I took her 4 beautiful children back to her- living in a motel for now until they find a place- I was able to take her clothing and toys for each of the children, as well as some clothing for her. Her boyfriend was also living with her at the time and has lost a lot of his belongings- so he is also being lend a hand.

There are programs in the state where they can all be helped, and as far as I know right now, there are people from the state helping this young family as they are struggling and trying to get their feet back on the ground. Workforce servies is helping her find employment, there is counseling offered fort he children... all the things this family will need. They have a marvelous bishop who is doing his best to help as well.

I am so grateful to have been able to be there, help where I was needed, and have good friends and neighbors willing to help me help her. What an incredible experience this has been for everyone involved! I hope and pray I will always be willing and able to be the Lord's hands when and where He needs me.

No comments: