Friday, August 14, 2009

Miracles never cease!

I know that God is a God of miracles. Yesterday, I brough 4 beautiful children in to my home who needed a place to go. Bit by bit, I have been learning about them. They are 2, 3, 5 and 6 years old. The 3 year old has autism, and the 5 year old has very angry, compulsive behaviors. The 6 year old feel responsible for the safety of all the others, and the 2 year old just wants to be reassured and held. Too much to handle for a woman who has no children? Maybe... unless Alicia and Emily spent the ENTIRE day with me, and Lorena spent the evening. These 3 incredible teen age girls have made all the difference in the world.

Neighbors and friends have brought things to my home for the kids- books, clothes, toys... anything you can think of. Complete strangers have brought clothing they have gone and purchased for this very reason. Each of the 4 kids have enough clothes for at least a week- if not more!

Their mother had surgery today on her hand. The doctors weren't sure what was going to happen... and thought they were going to have to perform multiple surgeries- and were prety sure they wouldn't be able to save her whole hand. Today, after about 6 hours of surgery, all went well. Her hand is repaired- she may not regain complete mobility of her wrist, and one of her fingers had to be fused... but she will have her hand.

I know that God is our Father, and He is aware of everything that is happening in our lives. He watches over us and protects us. There is a country song that says, "I believe there are angels among us" and I have to say, I have seen and felt those angels as they have come to my home to love this family. I know they were sent in to my life to remind me of the many blesings I have... where much is given, much is expected.

No comments: