Monday, March 11, 2013

I am perfect.

Almost 4 years ago, I walked over the finish line of a half marathon. I may not have RAN the half, but I completed it! I have hiked Angel's Landing in Zion National Park, and done many amazing things. Right now, the shape my body is in, I can barely get things done around my house on a daily basis. I have been quite discouraged. Physical pain is something brought on by my excessive weight, and that pain prevents me from being as fully active as I would like.

I started thinking about things. I have done incredible things in the past- and those things- hiking, running, gardening, etc, are all still a part of who I am. Physically, my body is in a difficult place, but I have the memories of fabulous experiences, and the hope for more to come!

Who am I? I am litterally a daughter of God. I started thinking yesterday about how I talk to myself... "That was dumb" or "Ya right, you can't do that" or "Whatever, just stop trying, you're never going to make it" seem to be common themes. WHY? Why let myself be down on myself? If I had a friend trying to accomplish the things I am, I would NEVER talk to them that way- I would be there for encouragement & strength, be their personal cheerleader!

God loves me. What would HE be telling me through all this? I have decided to look at myself through God's eyes. He must love me, and trust me- otherwise He would have never allowed me to come to earth and experience the things I am. He has faith in me to accomplish the things I need to- and help others along my journey.

I may not be able to hike 50 miles today (I would LOVE to some day...). I may not be able to run a mile. Honestly, I don't think walking a mile would be a good idea, it would put me out of comission for the rest of the day. So what can I do? I can love my son, make dinner for my husband, wash a load of laundry... and maybe even run the dishwasher. When I got out of be this morning, my body was in such pain, I just wanted to cry, roll over, and go back to sleep... and for me, the things listed above are extremely optimistic.

Where I am is perfect for me. Every day, I make progress. It may be slow. It may not seem measureable by others... and may not seem at all like I am accomplishing anything... but I am! I walked for 1 hour in the pool for exercise this morning, had a good time with my son, an now am going to get going for more daily activity.

I am what I am. I am who I am. I am doing all I can to be me. I am worth taking care of, and that is what I am doing- one day at a time, one step at a time. That's all I can do!



1 month ago today with my favorite Walty!

No comments: