Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Just breathe and believe.

I don't know how this is possible, but if it can be done, apparently I have the capacity to do it. In my sleep last night, I pulled my collar bone out of place. Grimacing & driving through tearing eyes, I got to my chiropractor who helped me. I was back in his office a mere 3 hours later after having had my mom pick me upt and take me... and then 2 hours after that, in the office of my massage therapist. (I talked a little with my physical therapist too, as he was on the way out the door.) Anyway, this is not a boo-hoo cry for me blog entry tonight. This is a "What just happened?!" entry.

After I left the chiropractor's office, my son asked for chicken nuggets. It seemed like a really easy out (super healthy, I know...). We stopped & bought chicken stars, and I ordered myself a burger. As I sat waiting for my food I thought WHAT?! WAIT, WHY AM I HERE?! And then I paid the sum and drove off to the parking lot to arrange frenchfries and chicken nuggets for a 2 year old.

WHAT am I feeding my kid?! I have a son who will eat broccoli, almonds and apples... and I am feeding him chicken nuggets? Old habits die hard- but I also wasn't prepared. Tomorrow morning I am creating snack packs of nuts and raisins in the car (better than fries, anyway) so I am not tempted to drive through!

As for me, well, the day is over and the sun rises in the morning.

I believe there is a part of me fighting against me to try to not lose weight. (If that makes sense?) My sub-conscious is being not so subtle about its attempts to discourage me, to try to stay "comfortable" where I am and not stretch myself. Being passive-aggressive wasn't working, so it moved on to a not so subtle "I'm gonna make you hurt" maneuver. Shoulder & arm hurtnig or not, I am taking a step forward tomorrow.

Breathe. Believe.

No comments: