Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Be the star!

"There are two ways to shine: be the star, or the eye that reflects it. Today I decide to be the star." That thought actually came to me as I drove home from school yesterday. There are so many times in this life where we have the opportunity to stand up for what we feel, what we believe. It really doesn't matter if someone else thinks our decisions are "right" or "wrong". What matters most is: does that choice ring true to my own belief in accordance to how I feel I should live my life?

I am making a lot of decisions in my life right now. Some of them, I have been afraid to make because I was worried about what others might think of my choices. I have come to the conclusion that every decision I make impacts me the most, and the only opinion I should really consider is my own.... not oters, so much. I should listen to the other opinions to get information regarding my decisions, but base the decision on what I feel lis the right thing to do. Wow, that is really a powerful thing to learn!!!

No comments: