Sunday, February 22, 2009

Acceptance

"We work so hard to find acceptance, and then discover the acceptance we are truly looking for is our own; to believe, to feel and to recognize that we were perfect all along. Those "imperfections" we found in ourselves are nothing more than traits that make us who we are. When we get to where we can truly accept ourselves, then what others think and say about us means very little. Then an odd thing happens, these other people look at us and say, oh that's just who they are." - Max Crapo


It never ceases to amaze me the things we learn from our friends. I love that true friends are like mirrors, and can reflect to us the lessons we need to learn the most. For a long time I have struggled with self esteem. I felt that happiness came from sources outside of me... and the more I did for others the "happier" I could feel. I have discovered this is not the case.


Recently, I have discovered that there is a beautiful person that looks back at me every morning in the mirror. I actually feel she is pretty cool! I have always hidden from the camera-by being behind one. It's been pretty amazing to me to see myself in pictures. In the last couple days I have looked excessively cute, and have had 2 friends take my picture... it feels really good to like myself!

1 comment:

Blondie said...

You ARE "excessively cute"!
I love the pics