Monday, September 29, 2008

Peace, be still.

Recently, my home has felt like a place of refuge from the storms of the world ~ where peace can be found. Many people have come and found solace from their daily trials. I have been "pondernig in my heart" (as Mary did in the New Testament when she was told she would be the mother of the Savior) all the things I have been experiencing. I believe the Lord gives us the opportunity to make of our lives what we will. We are given trials, and depending on how we react to them, we have either peace in our lives; or turmoil. If given a choice, I believe most of us would choose to have peace on a daily basis. The difficult thing for many people to understand is that yes, we have our agency to make choices... but we do not have the agency to choose what the consequences will be of a particular action. If I want peace, I make the choice whose consequence is what I am seeking after ~ but that requires effort and thought on my part. I am so grateful to have the opportunity have the lessons I am having in this life time. I love my Heavenly Father, and am grateful He gave me the opportunity to learn and share the truths of the gospel that I can share with others.

1 comment: