Friday, September 19, 2008

The harvest

Today was a "fruitful" day if I have ever had one. In my back yard are 2 peach trees - who this year produced miraculous amounts of beautiful fruit. I shared boxes and bags full of peaches with neighbors and friends. The line of a hymn kept running through my mind... "because I have been given much I too must give..." as I thought of friends with whom to share the bountiful harvest. And then yesterday, something touched my heart. It is great to share with others when we have plenty - and it is wonderful to want to share the many blessings I have been given. But how often do we give, and give, and give... until there is nothing left? Heavenly Father helped me realize that the blessings of the harvest this year were given speciffically for me - and I should not give it all to others. So today, my mom came and helped me put up the peaches from my trees - which we will enjoy in the future, and for which I am extremely grateful.

I am grateful for the harvest, and for the beautiful experience I had in learning of my Father's love.

No comments: