Friday, September 19, 2008

Balloon Festival











Today, we made a trip to Antelope Island (about an hour and a half away) to attend a hot air balloon festival. I was so excited - to see the balloons take off at sunset! It would be a great opportunity for picture taking! Unfortunately there was a high wind, and the balloon launch was cancelled for the night. In the morning the festival will continue- but I just can't imagine driving that far again - so it looks like I will miss the festival this year. We did have the opportunity to see a small demomstration on fiilling up a balloon - and that was really neat. I will have to find another festival soon!


No matter the disappointment, I did have the opportunity to try my hand at the rock climbing wall. I was really nervous, but stepped up anyway. I didn't make it to the top, but I did make it at least 3/4 of the way! I was pleased!

No comments: