Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Lord opens a window...

"The Sound of Music" is one of my favorite musicals. In it, there is a line... "When the Lord closes the door, somewhere he opens a window."

We got the word today that this birth mother is not going to place her child with us to adopt.

Does my heart ache? More than you can possibly imagine. I have wanted to be a mother more than anything in this world for as long as I can remember. Have I had the opportunity to look at myself, grow, and come to a deeper understanding of God's love? Absolutely. Does all that make it any easier for my hurting heart? Maybe.

Zane and I are going to take a short trip- to Zion National Park- my favorite place on earth!!! We will be leaving in the morning.

There are so many people who have been praying with us, and I also know you will be aching with us as well. When I am stronger emotionally, I will be able to talk about it. Right now, please respect that we are grieving the loss of a child. We need a little time to heal the hurting inside. Thank you for being so wonderful. We truly appreciate everything everyone has done for us!!

"When the Lord closes a door, somewhere he opens a window..." we have the hope to be able to adopt at a future date. We are now completely prepared!! What could be better? (It's always a good thing to look on the bright side... or so I am told.)

Please continue to pray for us. That will give us the strength to carry on!!

7 comments:

Melinda said...

I'm so sorry.

Christi Sewell said...

Brittany. I love you so much. I am typing this in complete tears. I can only imagine, as I have seen you make this journey, how much you are hurting. I am amazed that as you are suffering you are searching for the silver lining. I believe you know exactly how I feel and exactly what I would consider doing. Maybe you are bigger than I am. I wish you all the peace you desire on your trip to Zions. I would love to be able to see you. Take care of yourself as you heal. And use that massage!

Blondie said...

My thoughts are with you and this very difficult time. I'm so sorry. You're in my prayers.

Meredith said...

Brittany, I am praying for you. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that being close to your husband and your favorite place will bring you peace and understanding.

Kris Neville said...

Brittany, My heart is breaking for you and Zane. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Brittany, I am so sorry for your loss, I know it doesnt take away the pain but, God has a hand in all things and for some reason or another, something good will come in due time. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Bethany

Hendrix's Household said...

Oh Brittany, I am so sorry. You are in our prayers. My heart is breaking for you. If there is anything I can do please let me know.