Sunday, September 20, 2009

Finding peace

Have you ever sat and wondered what it is you have to offer the world? Or why you are here? I will be honest, this has been a week full of reflections, tears of joy, tears of pain, little sleep, worry, hiking... and sitting and communing with God. Why me? Who hasn't asked that question at least once in their lifetime?

Last night, Zane and I sat on the side of the road in Snow Canyon State Park in St George UT- one of the places I go when I am seeking solace. The sky was filled with stars. It was a warm desert night, and there were crickets chirping... and all kinds of things happening around us. It was amazing to sit and listen and ponder. I could feel an amazing peace as I thought about my week, and all it has brought for me.

This week has been an emotional roller-coaster, there is just no other possible way to describe it. One day I am preparing to be a mother, and the next I find out "not this week". How do you begin to understand? How do you sort through those emotions, pick up the pieces and move forward? The answer... I truly do not know.

We know we have many friends and family members praying for Zane and I... for which we are truly grateful. Your prayers are sustaining us, thank you.

I know everything will be ok. I can't really define what "ok" means, because I really don't know, but I do know that everything will turn out ok. How do I know this? I know that through the love of my Savior, and His power to heal, my heart will be ok. He will bless us to be able to pick up the pieces of our lives and move forward- stronger and more full of faith. We have come to understand more fully the scripture "Come unto me all ye that labour an are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me, and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

This week, he has surely made our burden lighter, and we have found some rest along the way. our hearts still ache- but not as much has they did just a few short days ago. For that I am truly grateful.

I know we will continue being guided as we seek to know what we need to do with our lives. I am looking for a venue to begin selling my photography, and Zane is hoping to be accepted in to law school... these are two of our next steps. Goals are important- they will help us continue looking toward the future instead of reflecting on the past.

Thank you for all your love, support and prayers.

1 comment:

Kris Neville said...

I'm glad to hear you and Zane had a good time and were able to spend some time together. I don't know what "OK" will be for you, but you WILL be OK. I do know this learning experience will bring you and Zane closer together and that is good thing.