Sunday, May 31, 2009

Peaceful Drive

As a surprise, Zane took me for a drive yesterday- to take pictures of wildflowers! I know sooooooo many people would be shocked to hear this... I took over 250. I love having the ability to capture a moment in time- whether it be a smile on a niece or nephew's face, a happy dance... or a single flower blowing in the wind.

I have a final project that I am doing for my design class- creating a collage of my pictures and arranging them in a way that is "properly" designed. I had been thinking about arranging pictures from Zane's deployment to Afghanistan, but have since changed my mind. I am going to make a collage of my pictures of nature. I have to bas the project around a single word, and the word I have chosen is serenity. For me, there is no place more serene than to be in nature- surrounded by God's beautiful creations! When I finish the project, I will put a picture on my blog- but for now, this is just a seed of an idea in my mind just starting to grow. I am really excited for the challenge!








I did want to share a few pictures from this weekend (of course) and some of the spectacular views I was witness to! I love how my heart feels when I can pause for a moment and reflect on every blessing I have in my life. I know I am truly blessed, and for that I am eternally grateful!

No comments: