Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Great lesson learned today

For my elements of Design class, I am supposed to write a paper about an artist or field of art that is of interest to us. I have always like Ansel Adam's photography, so I decided to research morea bout his life and his work. I have watched a few interviews with him on the internet- and have come to realize I have some things in common with him. I had never considered that before! I love what he said... he simply finds the right subject- then waits 10-15 minutes for the right shot... not for hours.

People have often asked him to explain his photography to them... what he was seeing and feeling in the moment that he took a photograph. His response? "The element of verbalisation, of explaining what's in the picture, what you feel about it, it's very futile, because if it isn't in the picture... what are you talking about? I can never put in to words the feelings of that particular moment." When he talks about one of his pictures he said, "I just happened to see an extraordinary moment."

Isn't that what life is about?
For me, my photography is about seeing a beauty in something that I can share with others. My goal is to share with the world a "perfectly" captured moment that helps someone stop, take a breath, and ponder on the beauty of the earth around them... the beauty that God has created for each of us to enjoy.



I know I feel at peace while I am in nature... and I hope I can share a part of that moment with those who may not have the same opportunities that I have been given.


No comments: