Thursday, March 5, 2009

Friendly admirations!

Today I had a friend share something with me that is very personal, and very painful for them. The comment was made "I would understand if you want nothing to do with me ever again."

I want you to know, my friend - and this is for ANY friend of mine - I will always love you. We may not always see eye to eye on things, but I will always be there for you: through the good times, the bad, and the difficult times. To me, friends are not people that you take lightly in life. A friendship is an unwritten commitment in my heart forever. Seasons come and go, flowers bloom and die... but a friendship is something more precious than gold. My friends might make choices that I do not agree with, but how does that make them any less of a friend today than it did yesterday? They are still the same person, they are just experiencing their life in a way that I choose not to. It isn't good, it isn't bad... it just is.

I wish all my friends in this world could meet this one particular friend... they are so amazing! There is nothing like being with them to make you feel happy, light-hearted and free. I want you to know, friend, that you are absolutely wonderful. There is a very special place in my heart for you. I will be your friend forever... I guess you are stuck with me!!!

"Dance with life...
Feel the rhythm in your feet
And the music in your soul!" - Brittany Gonder

No comments: