Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Wow, where does time go? 24 weeks along now in my pregnancy, I am beginning to realize jsut how precious time can be. Each day I find myself wondering "have I accomplished anything today?" and honestly, sometimes the answer is: "I really don't know." What does it mean to "accomplish" something anyway?

Does helping a friend count? Writing a special note? Resting for an entire day?

I find myself concerned about not having my home ready for when little Walter Russell is born. Is my home in order? Yard? Life? Sometimes it gets so overwhelming to me I just don't know where to begin. Things seem a little more difficult (physically) to accomplish. How do I weed my yard?! Today, I have a few simple goals: 1. Go grocery shopping. 2. Do a load of laundry. 3. Weed 1 small section of yard. 4. Enjoy my afternoon with my nephews and niece.

I have come to determine that in my life there is a definate priority. If I pull weeds- there will be more tomorrow, and the day after that... it's an ongoing task. Yes it's important, and I am doing it. Most important to me, though, is for the people in my life to know how much they mean to me, how much I love them.

We have been married 13 years, and are expecting our first special miracle. Throughout those years, my brother and his wife have had 5 beautiful children who have greatly blessed my life. Each minute I have spent with them throughout the years has filled a very empty place in my heart, and I truly enjoy it!

The thought for me today is: don't worry about the "TO-DO" list. It will still be there tomorrow. Do a few things on it, but choose what you make a priority. Today, my priority is people- to let them know of my love for them. Tomorrow? Now that's a different story...

1 comment:

Blondie said...

Of course you're "accomplishing something"! You're growing a PERSON!! That is no small feat.
Even if you don't mark a single thing off your to-do list, you are accomplishing something great!