Thursday, December 10, 2009

Children's book illustrated!!!

Many friends and family may not know this, but a few years ago I worte a children's book. It has been sitting in a closet waiting for me to have the courage to do something about finding an agent, get an illustrator... get my act together.

As part of my "Observational Drawing" class, we have a final project due... 8-10 'storyboard' sketches and a final pencil rendering... which takes hours. Let's just say, I already had the idea floating around, and this week I have finally done illustrations to put with it!! It is amazing, if I do say so myself, to see how much progress I have made this quarter, alone, in my drawing ability. I am really happy. When I get the opportunity, and the scanner is working properly, I will share a couple of my drawings. Of course, I won't give away the story... you'll have to wait until it gets published to read the whole thing!!! (I did draw a VERY realistic killer whale, if that helps at all?!)

No comments: